A Women’s Point of View: A Mid-Summer’s Dream


by Colette Cooley, Cars for Keeps Office Manager

Sitting at my computer and not feeling a bit inspired to write this weeks’ blog, I find my mind wandering further and further from the task at hand. Waiting for inspiration, I admire my new pedicure with a flower painted on each big toenail, I look out the window and watch a harvest moon rising in the east, I listen to the crickets chirping their little hearts out and dream of a big bowl of popcorn washed down with an ice cold glass of pomegranate juice. Aaahhhh!

Summer has a way of slowing us down and forcing us to take a look at what is important in our lives. A time to dream. A time to wish. A time to feel the sun and enjoy ourselves. As my cat turns circles on my lap and sticks her tail in my face, I sometimes envy her the freedom she has by just being a cat.

But, let’s face it, after a day or two of living a cat’s freedom, I would be bored to tears. I would miss the social interaction with my co-workers and our customers. I would miss the satisfaction every day of feeling that I had really helped someone. We are creatures of action and creativity and we need the stimulation of helping someone solve a problem, or accomplish a task, or just doing something nice for someone simply because we can. Something as common as a smile at the right time has a wonderful healing power, so flash that smile today and feel the zap of optimism rise up within you. As I read over this blog, I realize it describes the atmosphere at Cars For Keeps, so stop by for a smile and/or a hug. They are both free!